Friday, October 21, 2011

Last Day in Cambodia

Hi Everyone! Today is our last day here in Cambodia. We fly out of Phnom Pehn at 6 tonight. We will need the long journey home to begin our processing of all that we have witnessed and experienced. Not only did we get to see what RAPHA HOUSE does in its amazing efforts in prevention, healing, and reintegration for girls that have been sexually exploited, but we have also soaked in how the people of this country live. It is so vastly different from the place that I live that I can't go back and view the world the same. It simply CAN'T happen. I will share many of the differences we have observed in a later blog. We have been compiling a list.

I want to say thank you to those who supported this journey for me financially. Because of what you gave, I was able to:

* Help purchase bedding, storage, and supplies for the FREEDOM CENTER in Phnom Pehn. Your dollar goes a long way here and can cover a lot of needs!

* Give money to the RAPHA bride and her new husband to help start their life together. She gets to be pure once again thanks to her healing in God. AMEN? The wedding was so touching. (And Randy, your pictures are coming when I get home.)

* Give $150 towards one of the rescued girls medical needs. Her eyes were damaged while in slavery, and she needs surgery. She loves to sing and has the most beautiful voice.

*Give money to the Kids Club which provides needs for the street kids in Phnom Phen.

* We were also able to purchase things that the RAPHA girls made such as purses and jewelry. Each girl gets paid some money for each item that she makes and sales which teaches her empowerment, confidence, and opens the door to learn money management. The rest goes to support the SAFE HOUSE.

* I am most thankful for the opportunity I was given to come here. I needed to be here. I am honored to be a voice for these girls who do not have one themselves. I will forever support RAPHA HOUSE and their efforts to fight for these girls every step of the way. They have lived nightmare childhoods and deserve a chance. They need to know there is hope in this dark world. My hope is that you all will feel compelled to support this cause. Meeting these girls solidifies how worth it they are.

It will take many of us from this team time to re-adapt to things when we get home. Likewise, it may take time for us to be ready to fully share our hearts and stories with you. Please be patient with us. We will share and probably not shut-up once we are ready.

LOVE to you all one last time from Cambodia.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog has been so great! Really made me feel a tiny part of what you all were doing and thinking. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

    ReplyDelete