Monday, June 7, 2010

DAY ONE

I have decided to start a blog as a tool to navigate my personal journey through motherhood phase 2! I am calling phase 1: infancy - preschool years and phase 2: school aged years. I will worry about the next phase later! I am entering the sea of phase 2 and I am on a new boat with all new controls! Which way do I go, and what button will get me there? MAYDAY!

I am sure many of you can relate to the stage I am at now. My youngest child Haylie will begin kindergarten in the fall leaving me to ponder my place in this world. That sounds SO DRAMATIC! Honestly, it feels dramatic (or traumatic). When my first of 3 children was born, my husband Chad and I had clear thoughts and a clear purpose. In fact, it was very black and white for my husband and myself; I am and will remain a STAY AT HOME MOM. That seemed to be what the Lord said to us. I never dreamed I would feel this wavering and unsure position that I am in now; this new boat. My heavenly navigator is giving me directions, but I am not sure I am hearing them yet.

As a Christian, I feel that I need to go back to my roots and remember the thoughts and reasonings behind being a stay at home mom that committed us to that long term path in the beginning. It was necessary at first. After all, there would be daycare expenses, bonding and nurturing during those "formative years", and flexibility when it came too illnesses and doctor's visits. All logical and important reasons. There was also my heart and its desires to be where God was calling me to be which was with my babies.

But, none of those reasons work for me now expect God is still calling me to be with my children. So, I want to write this blog DAILY as a learning process for myself and anyone else in, near, or around MY BOAT! HOP ON. Let's REDISCOVER why MOTHERING is ENOUGH! I hope you will be able to come here and feel encouraged, enlightened, and maybe have a little "I am so glad I am not alone" moments along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment