Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 2

As my 3 children run around pestering each other with loud feet and LOUD voices, I am wondering how I am going to be able to write this blog with any real concentration this summer.

Questions to ponder...............
Will NOT getting a career now desperately hurt my chances of ever getting one down the road?
Do I really worry about what other people think of me if I am just a stay at home mom while they are all in school?

Will I be able to keep some sort of happiness and internal satisfaction staying home?

What am I teaching my children if I have a college degree but don't use it?

I think the answer to these questions has to do with my identity in CHRIST ALONE. Who does He say that I am and should be and what pleases HIM. I am often reminded of this verse:

“If anyone wants to become my follower, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it.”

Jesus in Luke 9:23-24


The truth is that going back to work may be for the selfish me and may not involve denying myself and taking up the cross at all. The hard thing for me, in so many ways, would be to continue to stay home, but everything I do here at home is for Jesus and leading my children to a relationship with him.

But is it really right if I fail at every turn????

Okay, so staying home is probably the right thing. So tomorrow we can look at ways to do it without going insane? Or ways to be encouraged by that role?

Okay, I hear lots of banging and crashing going on upstairs. I think I better stop for today and engage with the children before there isn't a house left to engage in.

My inner secret just for you is that I need to figure out how to be happy staying at home and feel like I am enough and like it is enough for me. ANYONE RELATE?? ANYONE?

AND!!!! I do know that I am blessed to have a choice!



No comments:

Post a Comment