Monday, June 28, 2010

DELUSIONAL WOMAN!!

Well, we are back from our family vacation. I must say................I went into this vacation with the TOTALLY wrong mindset. My selfishness struck again. It is so true that we set ourselves up with unrealistic expectations over and over again as moms. Don't ya think??

While getting ready for this trip, I would share with folks that my hope for the trip was to lie pool side with a good book and a yummy beverage and bask in nothingness! UMMMM! YEAH RIGHT!! Did I think I had a nanny coming along or something?? Yes, I am delusional! Admitting my problem is the first step to being cured right?

Instead, I should have said that I was going on this trip with the expectation of playing with my kids, watching daddy play with my kids, and having fun together as a family. WE DID DO THAT!

I can't help but feel some sadness about the quiet pool-time and book reading that didn't happen, but that is for another trip another time. FOR THIS IS MY SEASON and the time for this SEASON is now.

I wonder what other areas of my life that selfishness has taken a stronghold. Where else am I not dying to myself?? Oh, there are lots I fear!

Proverbs 31:15
15She rises also while it is still night
And gives food to her household
And portions to her maidens.
disciplined


No comments:

Post a Comment