Monday, July 19, 2010

CHORE TIME

I am keeping it real here today in this blog. I am failing at consistency here at home. A domestic DIVA I am NOT!! Please do not inundate me with information about how wonderfully organized your chore schedule is at home! I know many wonderful tips and ideas. REALLY! The failure is not a result of ignorance on my part. I think it is because of laziness?? It is a lot of work to create, implement, and stay consistent with a chore policy. It also means excepting less than perfect work (childlike work), facing arguments and whines, and straight-up self-discipline from me!! Overall, it is the age old battle of instant gratification vs long term benefits at work here. AND, let's face it, I NEED HELP AROUND HERE.

Now that all that is out there about my failings and short comings as a homemaker, I plan to tackle this problem. I WANT long term benefits. I need to slide my ol' selfish self on over and make room for creating disciplined creatures of society. 3 of them to be exact!

GAME PLAN???? In the past dysfunctional me has used the job jar which consists of 10 jobs that any of my children can do. The deal WAS they draw and do 1 job per day as part of earning there keep in this family. If they ever wanted to earn extra $, they could get $1 for each additional chore that they complete to mommy's satisfaction. We have not done that everyday, and when they do draw. There is a lot of drama about what they draw. Therefore, I think we need something more concrete and visual. So they know what to expect each day and can operate it without hours of drama and negotiations with momma.

I am in awe of all of you moms out there that have this down to a fine art. I will never be there, but I will keep trying.

Stay Tuned for when I get this operation up and going! I hope that this blog will help keep me accountable to it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment