Wednesday, July 21, 2010

good kids vs bad kids

Just when I thought my parenting efforts were completely amiss due to seeing little fruits of my labor, I get served breakfast in bed by my 10 yr old. She brought me coffee/hot tea and toast. She also stole her momma's trick and wrote a message to me on my napkin. It was the best breakfast I have ever eaten. I kept asking myself why it felt that way. It was because she did something for someone else out of the goodness of her well intentioned heart!!!! That is what I want my kids to grow up to be I have decided. If they grow up wanting to serve others in love, then I will God's blessing on our obedience. My kids aren't good and obedient all day everyday, but they still have sweet soft hearts. With God's help that purity and preciousness can be preserved. So here's to us mothers and fathers keeping the eye on the prize (i.e. good kids = great Godly adults).

1 comment: