Monday, July 26, 2010

Where does my JOY come from?

Before I tackle today's thoughts, I must tell you that my last post on school issues was a very vague VENT from me. I apologize. I know many of you reached out to me in concern, and THANK YOU for adding me to your prayer lists. However, I know that what I deal with is very little compared to so many others. I know that our own issues seem so big to US, but when looked at objectively, they are small potatoes. I am not excluded in having this issue. I think it is simply human.

The thoughts I have today have to do with a depressing article my husband sent me this morning. Here is the link:

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/the-u.s.-middle-class-is-being-wiped-out-here's-the-stats-to-prove-it-520657.html?tickers=^DJI,^GSPC,SPY,MCD,WMT,XRT,DIA

After reading this little gem of optimisim, I started thinking about where my joy comes from, because, let's face it, if we are going to be shoved to the poor side of the demographic, then I can't count on my mini-trips, family outings, conventions, and shopping days as a source of joy for me. It is scary to think about the things that make me happy. Most of them involve spending a certain amount of money. I think we have all seen or heard about joyfull people who have little to nothing of monetary value. However, would that work for us who go from having funds to not having any.

The one joyful thing that I know I will always have (and hope to teach my children to always KNOW) is GOD. He is always there. His promises are still the same promises in feast and famine. He is the great provider giving us more than fish and bread but a real hope to live on! The happiness and joy would have to come from having the real fruit of the spirit. LOVE * JOY * PEACE * PATIENCE * KINDNESS * GOODNESS * GENTLENESS * FAITHFULLNESS * SELF-CONTROL How wonderful to know that we can have this fruit no matter where we are in our lives just by staying connected to GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment