Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Checking-in

Things have been slow since the garage sale. As soon as I know exactly what my home church's support is, I will know exactly where I am on the fundraising. I should be right at my $2600 which covers the travel! God is great and so are my friends and family!!!

The 31 Party wasn't a huge success, but my momentum had been so good up to that point that I needed that reality check. I really appreciate my friend Sheri for offering me her entire take on the party. It turns out that not everyone needs a cute bag no matter how great the cause. WHO KNEW! We did get 7 or 8 orders, so it wasn't a complete wash.

It is time for hard and earnest prayer. It is time to spend fervent time praying for the girls and leadership at RAPHA and for the travel. Others are still a ways from reaching their funding goal, so prayer for that is key as well.

Also, it is time to start team building. I don't know the team we are going with very well with a few exceptions. My friend Shannon says that we will come back feeling like family, so I am excited to get to know everyone better.

We did add a new member to our team last week. I am SO excited about HEATHER WALTRIP joining us!

THANKS AND LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment