Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Countdown Time

It is now time to pack bags and make sure everything at work and home are squared away enough for my departure which is October 10th out of TULSA. I can't express enough gratitude for all of the support and prayers my team and I have received from you. I know this journey is just beginning, but I have already been blessed beyond comprehension through the graciousness of my friends and family. I think back to children dumping their purses into our Kidtown for Cambodia offering bucket at church expecting NOTHING in return and am reminded that God is still going to reign in this future generation. I think about my 15 year old neighbor spending an entire afternoon helping a mom with special needs children and in turn coming home and giving me the $20 she had earned. I think God will be sending her into a mission field one day with a heart like that. Then there is my old friend from college Meredith. I simply got my BA while she went on to be a pediatrician. In a simple ask to her about where I could go for affordable international vaccinations, she said, "I'll do it". Not only did she give me the shots and the malaria RX, but she covered the costs and is praying for me! I could go on and on. There are so many friends I haven't been in touch with in 10 or more years that were my biggest supporters. Thanks for sending me. Most of all, thanks for supporting the mission of RAPHA HOUSE and their commitment to heal and rehabilitate these rescued girls. THEY are worth it. For them, Jesus paid it all. I hope you all will continue in prayer, and the biggest things are yet to come!!! ......................

No comments:

Post a Comment