Monday, October 17, 2011

Cambodia ~ Day 7

Good morning from a rainy Battambang. Pray for the rain to stop!! They DO NOT need anymore rain anywere in SE Asia. Levees are breaking, people are drowning, water is unsafe to drink in many parts, and of course DISEASE is breaking out. We are seeing adults and children walking around in waiste deep water like it is business as usual.

We are packing up and getting ready to head over to Siem Reap which is a big tourist city because of the Angkor Watt Temple that was built around 1200 AC. There is a smaller safe house there, so we will once again meet some precious RAPHA girls and staff and spend some time with them. We will be attending a wedding tomorrow. A former RAPHA girl is getting married. What a thing to celebrate. Our entire team is so excited to be a part of this amazing experience. She has healed so much that she is going on to live a rich full life. And, to have a Kmher (Cambodian) husband that is willing to let her share her story and love her even after her nightmare life, is a wonderful thing to celebrate. In this culture, these girls are damaged goods. I think we get to take pictures!!

Yesterday was a difficult day. We had to say goodbye to the girls here in Battambang. The way it works when we are at RAPHA is that the girls pick one of us and attach themselves to us, so we each end up bonded with several girls. They know we are leaving, and it is difficult on them to let us go and even more difficult on us to leave them. The best thing is knowing that RAPHA is the best place for them right now. My girls were so beautiful. I cannot share their names for their protection. They definitely have part of my heart, and I pray that they realize their hopes and dreams and understand that having them is ok!

One of our team members got sick last night. We aren't sure if it is food related or a bug she picked up. Pray that she feels better quickly and that no one else gets sick. We have been so blessed with safety and health up to this point, so pray that continues!

I want to share with you all what Cambodia is like very soon. I am making notes, so I share as much as I can think of for you.

If you see my family, hug them for me.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for good health and a renewed spirit for all of you! Tough times emotionally, I'm sure. The wedding sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete