Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dancing in Cambodia

Yesterday was a day of worship, more cultural understanding, and a night of devotions and fun with the girls.

We start out the day in worship at the church at RAPHA HOUSE. It was one of the most amazing experiences. I wish you all could have been there to hear these beautiful people worship and praise God in their own language. I could barely hold myself together. Ron did a great job of sharing a message about King David, Abigail, and Nable. It was a wonderful morning of worship in a true house of God, and I will think of them and their worship every time I am singing praises.

We took at TUK TUK tour after lunch. It was a great way to truly see how people live and some of their cultural ways. We stopped and watched a lady peal bamboo to put in sticky rice to sell. It was very good. Sticky rice is rice with coconut, coconut milk, and black beans. It was very good. You can buy your bamboo full of sticky rice for $.60. Then we stopped to see a family making rice papers that are used to make spring and summer rolls. It was like SILVER DOLLAR CITY's arts and crafts festival except this is their livelihoods. The TUK TUK took us through a monk community, and we stopped at a KILLING FIELD from the Khmer Rouge. This country did not go through a civil war. It went through a genocide.

Last night we taught the girls to dance to the Hillsong song OUR GOD IS LOVE.
Angela, Heather, and I have been in charge of doing devotions with the girls for the last 2 nights. Angela lead the teaching and did an amazing job explaining that GOD is LOVE and that he loves them unconditionally. She did it simply and beautifully. Last night was a blast when we taught them the dance. They LOVED it! They love to dance and caught on SO quickly. Heather and I are jealous of that ability!

The biggest thing on my heart right now, besides the overt oppression in this country by their religion AND their government, is how the people that work for RAPHA here and at home are such hard working, focused, determined, and passionate people. THEY are bringing light into this DARK place. It is hard work!!! Daunting even. One by one is what they think, and I need to learn to think this way. I need to get my faith in gear. I am soaking in as much from them as I can. I am so honored to be with them and learn from them anything I can to live a real life for Jesus. Thanks to everyone who has supported me in support and prayer. I will forever be grateful.

I want to write more about the country itself soon. Let's just say it would be easy to do my dream job as a weather forecaster here! NO TRAINING NECESSARY! Today's weather will be 85 degrees, partly cloudy with a 100% and 100% chance of rain! ; )

1 comment:

  1. You are all touching so many lives in a very positive way. Prayers for continued health, energy and safety. We are eager to hear more about your adventures when you return. Stay well. Love and blessings, Carol A.

    ReplyDelete