Sunday, October 2, 2011

ONE WEEK

We leave in ONE WEEK. I can't believe it. I am feeling really excited. I feel like God's protection will be the ultimate thing to lean on.

I am hopeful that I will be reminded of what is truly important and what isn't and can somehow come home and convey that in a real way to my kids. We live in a place of such gluttony and excess. It is a battle I fight in my own spirit every day. To give is better than to receive, so then why do we have such WANTS? It is amazing how we influence one another and how the surface and shallow things influence others more than the real heart issues do.

I am just going to learn a tiny bit about this country and these precious girls that were thrown into an unimaginable existence either out of desperation or ignorance. I want to hear what is on their hearts and minds. What are their desires? Are they healing from such horrific events in their lives? I want to show them that they are LOVED. That their is human kindness, love, and compassion available to them.

I think I am ready to go. I love the team that is going. I feel a peace about how God is going to guide and protect us. I am leaving notes and treats for the kids. I will miss them, chad, and my parents very much.

My plan is to blog from our hotel rooms which appear to have WIFI!!! So, please check in to see how things are going and what we are experiencing.

There is flooding happening there. This is the end of their rainy season, so for it to be flooding, seems a little strange. I guess it is an extra rainy, rainy season? But, the bottom line is that it means that many homes and businesses are flooded and hurting a country that was hurting to begin with. So, we will get a unique experience with this happening while we are there. I am sure the country could use prayers for the rains to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment